Sign Up TODAY for our FREE Newsletter for UK Residents  Sign me up >

FTC Disclosure

If you make a purchase via a link on this site, Disability Grants may receive a small commission on the transaction - at no added cost to you. Thank you!

Holiday Grants
Disabled Children and Adults

3H Foundation

The 3H Foundation supports people with disabilities and their carers through a range of programmes.

This includes:

  • subsidised group holidays
  • carers support
  • support for young carers and young people with disabilities aged 13 – 25 and UK holiday grants. 

Holiday Grants are usually in the region of £200 to £500.

To apply for a holiday grant you must be on low income and be a UK resident.

Evidence of disability and low income will be required from an appropriate professional.

The Calvert Trust

The Calvert Trust has centres based on Exmoor, Keswick in the Lake District and at Keider Water in Northumberland. It specialises in providing outdoor activity holidays for people of all ages with physical, sensory, mental and learning difficulties.

Although the cost of attending the centres is high due to the excellent adapted facilities and experienced instructors the Trust may be able to help with bursaries for individuals and groups.

The bursaries are only available for guests staying at Calvert Trust Exmoor. It is only able to assist with the cost of the a mid week or weekend stay and is unable to support for travel costs or other associated costs.

Previous recipients of a bursary are allowed to apply again after 12 months.

To apply: telephone 01598 763221 to book a provisional date and to request a bursary application form.

Care for the Family- Take a Break

Care for the Family is a national charity which aims to promote strong family life and to help those who face family difficulties.

It offers multi activity holidays for single parents and is able to accommodate some additional needs.

There is a cost for the holiday but they are heavily subsidised.  Bursaries are available for families who may need additional financial support towards the cost of the holiday.

"Every family needs a holiday, so if you are a single parent with children aged 5-15 years and are looking for a holiday with a difference then why not join us!

Take A Break Action Holidays are all about bringing families together to enjoy a wide range of exciting activities and spend quality time together.

You will feel among friends as you venture out into new experiences alongside other single parent families.

We offer 6 holidays each summer, over 5 activity centres across the UK."

For more information please visit the website.

The charity also offers a befriending service for parents of children with additional needs.

Clevedon Forbes

The Clevedon Forbes Fund provides grants for holidays and convalescent breaks to people of limited means who are recovering from trauma or illness.

The Fund will also assist with breaks for carers.

Applications must be made by a professional in the statutory or voluntary sector only.

To apply: download the grant form, print and send the completed form to Mrs. Joan Taffs, The Grants Officer at 4 Kenn Road, Clevedon, BS21 6EL along with a letter giving any useful additional information. 

Grants are mainly awarded to individuals living in the South West but people living further afield will be considered.

DeafBlind UK

DeafBlind UK has a fully accessible holiday caravans available at a reduced rate to it's members for short respite breaks.

It is situated at the Haven site in Hopton near Great Yarmouth. 

They offer week stays from April to the end of October and weekend stays in November.

Priority is given to members who haven't visited the caravan before.

Harriet Davis Trust

The Harriet Davis Trust has four properties in Tenby, Pembrokeshire. They are for families with children but disabled adults may use a property if it is not required by families.

Three houses are adapted for wheelchair users and aids such as hoists are provided. Their latest house, "Caerwen" is adapted to provide a safe and secure environment for children with autism and other learning difficulties.

The holidays are offered at reasonable prices as they are charged at economic rather than commercial rates.

There is also able to offer a limited number of grants to families in genuine financial need. An application form will need to be completed when making a provisional booking.

The houses do get booked up quickly for the school holidays.

To make a book contact Helen Lees Griffin by e-mail: or telephone: 01834 845197

Me and Dee Charity

The Me and Dee Charity provides memorable seaside breaks to disabled children and adults with life threatening/shortening and terminal conditions.

The charity has a lodge in Sherwood Forest.  The lodge in 3 bedroomed and sleeps 5 people.  It is not wheelchair accessible.

Contact charity directly for details.

Victoria Convalescent Trust

The Victoria Convalescent Trust provides financial support towards convalescent, recuperation and respite care.

It is able to help children, young people, the elderly and the disabled living in England and Wales.

Applications should be made using the online form and may only be made by an appropriate professional such as a social worker or support agency.

Check out the other pages…….

Copyright © 2010-2024 Disability Grants Ltd 

Company number: 8937008

VAT Number 207954787