The Family Fund gives grants to families who are raising a disabled or seriously ill child aged 17 and under.
It is a registered charity and the UK's largest provider of grants to families, living on the lowest incomes.
Their grants bring practical and essential help that is often a lifeline to a family such as washing machines, fridges, bedding, specialist toys and much needed family breaks.
With limited funding it tries to help as many families as it can. It uses it's own eligibility criteria to ensure that it only helps families in the most need.
It you can say "Yes" to the following, the Family Fund may be able to help you and your family.
- I am a permanent resident in England, Northern Ireland, Scotland or Wales
- I have a current legal residency in the UK and have lived in the UK for the last 6 months, and I am eligible to work and apply for public funds.
- I am the parent or carer of a disabled or seriously ill child or young person aged 17 and under who lives at home.
- I am eligible for, and I can send evidence of the one of the following tax credits or benefits; Universal Credit, Child Tax Credit, Working Tax Credit, Income based Jobseeker's Allowance, Income Support, Incapacity Benefit, Employment Support Allowance, Housing Benefit,Pension Credit.
- The grant I am asking for is related to the needs of my child, children or young person.
See also other parent/carer comments in YOUR Grants