If you make a purchase via a link on this site, Disability Grants may receive a small commission on the transaction - at no added cost to you. Thank you!
This page is a summary of main points in the About Grants section.
Also look at our Frequently Asked Questions about grants for specific items and services.
- Check that the Trust or Charity is able to meet your need.
- Check that you meet the charity's funding criteria.
- Check charity's application procedure and deadlines for application.
- Check if you can apply direct or if you require an appropriate professional to apply on your behalf.
- Describe what you need and why you need it to the professional or include information on application form.
- Include name of professional who is able to support your application if applying direct.
- Attach quotations giving an indication as to how much money is required
- Include information on additional funding already received such as fundraising or money from other charities.
- Be factual not emotional in your application.
- Be patient – It takes time to apply for grants!
- Ask for more than you need - be realistic!
- Purchase the item or service you are applying for before receiving the grant.
- Be repetitive on an application form.
- Be inconsistent with your information.
- Use jargon in your application.
- Be upset if you don't receive the full amount you asked for - charities have limited funds and must prioritise their funding.
- Get angry if you are refused funding – check the reasons for the rejection. You may be able to apply at a later date.
Now check out the other pages.....