• Check that the Trust or Charity is able to meet your need
• Check that you meet the charity's funding criteria
• Describe what you need and why you need it
• Include name of professional who is able to support your application
• Check deadlines for applications
• Attach quotations giving an indication as to how much money is required
• Include information on additional funding already received such as fundraising or money from other charities
• Be factual not emotional in your application
• Be patient – It takes time to apply for grants!
• Ask for more than you need
• Be repetitive
• Be inconsistent
• Use jargon in your application
• Get angry if you are refused funding – check the reasons for the rejection
Now check out the other pages.....