Sign Up TODAY for our FREE Newsletter for UK Residents  Sign me up >

FTC Disclosure

If you make a purchase via a link on this site, Disability Grants may receive a small commission on the transaction - at no added cost to you. Thank you!

Holiday Grant for Son

by Jackie
(Isle of Wight)

I want to take my 15 year old son on holiday and need some help funding.

I would like a home from home type of property, as change is not good for him. It needs to be somewhere we can be safe and drive to places as my son likes to be out in the car and people watch.

We need to get away from our usual routine and away from the same surroundings.

Thank you


Hi Jackie

There are a number of charities which provide funding towards holidays in home from home settings.

The Break charity has two purpose built self-catering chalets at the Goldern Bay Holiday Village near Westwood Ho in North Devon. One chalet sleeps 4 and the other 7/8 persons. The cost of the chalets is from £140 depending on the time of year. To apply you must have a family member with a disability and be on low income.

To apply e-mail or telephone: 01263 822161

The Harriet Davis Trust have four properties in Pembrokeshire.

The holidays are offered at reasonable prices and for families in genuine financial need the Trust do have a limited number of grants. Their latest house, "Caerwen" is specially adapted to provide a safe environment.

The houses do get booked up quickly for the school holidays.

There is also a house exchange scheme called Matching Housing where disabled people can swap houses with each other that have similar needs. I don't know anyone who has used the scheme but there are testimonials on the site.

I do hope this helps and you manage to find a safe holiday for your son.


Copyright © 2010-2024 Disability Grants Ltd 

Company number: 8937008

VAT Number 207954787