Welcome to the November 2019 edition of Disability Grants News - a monthly round up of highlights on the Disability Grants website and resources for anyone with a disability, caring for or working with disabled adults or children.
Government Funding for Carers
Grants for Wheelchairs - Step One
Here are some of this months updates and additions....
- Victa provides funding for assistive technology for visually impaired children and young people up to 29 years. It also works in partnership with the RNIB to support independent study using technology.
- The Newlife charity offers a free emergency equipment loan service for children in urgent need. This includes hoists, wheelchairs and specialist beds.
- The Universal Music Sound Foundation provides
instrument and equipment awards to schools, music teachers and individuals in full time education. The next deadline for applications is 5th February 2020.
- Financial support for driving lessons is available from Motability with no age restriction on applications. Must be in receipt of Higher rate Mobility of the Personal Independence Payment.
- Support and hardship grants for nursing team members including nurses, midwives, health care
assistants, students and nursing associates from the RCN Foundation.
- BT Basic is a simple low-cost telephone service for individuals on Government low income benefits – cost £5.10 a month or £9.95 for BT Basic with broadband.
- The Calvert Trust Exmoor is able to award bursaries to guests who require financial assistance for a weekend or midweek stay.
- Funding for community groups in London to support services to the blind and visually impaired from The Vision Foundation.
- The Borders Children's Charity provides funding for children and young people towards residential and one day school activities, specialist equipment and household items. Must live in Borders (Scotland) postcode area.
- The new Toyota Parasport Fund is now open with £250,00 of funding to improve the quality and quantity of sport and activities for the disabled. Open to activity providers and clubs registered with Parasport.
- A call out for new visitors about the Lord Taverners. It offers funding towards adapted minibuses, sensory rooms and disability play spaces, disability cricket and disability sports wheelchairs for individual young people.
- Funding for building alterations for assessible toilets in Christian places of worship can be obtained from the National Churches Trust.
- Applications are now open for the Magic Little Grants of £500 for charities and community groups in the UK to inspire sport participation. The fund has previously funded wheelchair basketball and free transport for older people and wheelchair users to access physical activities.
- The Scottish Government are seeking to recruit young (16 - 30 years old) disabled people to their Experience Panels.
- The card game UNO now available in Braille.
Please don't forget that Disability Grants is a shared resource where everyone helps each other..... So, do participate and share your knowledge and experiences.
Help and Be Helped
All the best
Founder of Disability Grants
Are there topics you would like the newsletter to cover? Tell us how Disability Grants can improve so we can help you more in the future.
Spread the word! If you enjoy reading this newsletter please forward it on to your friends and colleagues.
And...stay connected by joining us on Facebook
Disability Grants helping you save time
finding the right grant