Welcome to the September 2018 edition of Disability Grants News - a monthly round up of highlights on the Disability Grants website and resources for anyone with a disability, caring for or working with disabled adults or children.
One size definitely doesn't fit all all especially with disability equipment!
David Martin, the Chief Executive of Remap explains how with it's groups of skilled volunteers they tailor make disability equipment to aid independence....
REMAP - Providing Equipment to Aid Independence
Here are some of this months updates and additions....
- Family Action offer a small grants programme for welfare and education for families and individuals on low income.
- Grant fund for individual adult carers over 16+ years for items or activities that will benefit their caring role from the Carers Trust.
- After Umbrage provides free relaxing holiday accommodation for those who take care of loved ones with terminal illness.
- BOSS - Business Supplies Charity provides for the needs of individuals and their families who have worked or currently work in the stationery or office supplies industry.
- NCC Benevolent Fund helps current, past or retired employees who have been involved in the caravan industry.
- The Licensed Trade Charity supports pub, car and brewery people in need of help and their families with advice and financial support.
- The Benevolent provides help and support to current and former employees of the drink industry and their families.
- Digital Community Fund has opened for applications for charities and not for profit organisations supporting disabled people living in England with digital skills. Grants between £50,000 and £200,000. Closing date 1st October 2018.
- Gloucestershire Community Foundation are offering support for charities and charitable groups in Gloucestershire to overcome disadvantage and isolation. Closing date 23rd October 2018.
- Music for All
offer grants to support music making projects for people of all ages and backgrounds. It has previously supported Cancer United and the One Handed Music Instrument Trust. Next closing date 1st November 2018
- Contact's DLA guide has been updated. Families can order a free copy from the Helpline 0808 808 3555
- SAVE THE DATE - Thursday 8th November 2018 is Kidz to Adultz North at Event City in Manchester. A free event for children and young adults up to 25 years with disabilities and additional needs. More information from Disabled Living
- Discounts for Carers is a dedicated discount service for paid, unpaid, working, volunteering or retired in the care industry.
- Kids Pass members enjoy 40% off at cinemas nationwide - both children and adults. Join for £1 for 30 day trial. If you
purchase a Kids Pass Disability Grants receives a small remuneration from the sale.
Please don't forget that Disability Grants is a shared resource where everyone helps each other..... So, do participate and share your knowledge and experiences.
Help and Be Helped
All the best
Founder of Disability Grants
Are there topics you would like the newsletter to cover? Tell us how Disability Grants can improve so we can help you more in the future.
Spread the word! If you enjoy reading this newsletter please forward it on to your friends and colleagues.
And...stay connected by joining us on Facebook
Disability Grants helping you save time
finding the right grant