To the September 2016 issue of Disability Grants News - a monthly round up of what's new on the Disability Grants website and resources for anyone with a disability, caring for or working with disabled adults or children.
Energy Saving Grants
Grants for Individuals
- Grants and support for children with Microphthalmia, Anophthalmia or Coloboma - three rare eye conditions that cause blindness or sight impairment from MACS.
- Cerebral Palsy Today (Coventry and Warwickshire) offer support and holiday accommodation for adults, children and their families living with Cerebral Palsy.
- If you qualify for a grant from Motability they will also fund any driving adaptations required. This may include adjustable seating, push/pull accelerator/brakes and steering aids. An assessment of your needs will be undertaken at your nearest Mobility Centre.
- One of our most FAQ is about Funding for Driving Lessons. This page gives you all the details.
- The Gane Charitable Trust provides grants to support individuals living in the UK with their art and craft activities with grants up to a maximum of £500. Closing date: 19th September 2016
- Customers of OneFamily are able to nominate community groups and projects for funding from £5,000 to £25,000. This year they have introduced an exciting new category "Developing Skills" to enable individuals gain the skills they need to support their community. Closing date: 19th October 2016
- If your community group is based in an area served by the Newsquest group you are able to apply for a community grant from the Gannett Foundation. They are offering grants up to £10,000. Application deadline: 14th October 2016
- The Department of Transport has launched a 2nd round of its Community Mini Bus Fund. It is open to educational organisations and community groups, including community transport operators in
England. Application deadline: 2nd December 2016
- The Woodland Trust has 3,250 free tree packs to give away to schools and community groups for planting in March 2017. This year they are offering the trees in different themes to fit the space you have. Closing date:6th January 2017
- A new website providing an advisers guide to personal independence payment regulations & case law - Pipinfo
- Large print books with different font size and line spacing for children with a visual impairment can be bought from CustomEyes. Over 4,000 books available
- If you planning any fundraising events for your school or group have a look at the fundraising ideas on the Baker Ross website.
"Additional Help for Additional Needs" is now sold out. We are planning a new publication for 2017. In the meantime if you have any comments on the publication and suggestions for a new edition do let us know. Thank you.
Disability Grants is a shared resource where everyone helps each other..... So, do participate and share your knowledge and experiences
Help and Be Helped
All the best
Founder of Disability Grants
Are there topics you would like the newsletter to cover? Tell us how Disability Grants can improve so we can help you more in the future.
Spread the word! If you enjoy reading this newsletter please forward it on to your friends and colleagues.
And...stay connected by joining us on Facebook
Disability Grants helping you save time
finding the right grant