To the October 2016 issue of Disability Grants News - a monthly round up of what's new on the Disability Grants website and resources for anyone with a disability, caring for or working with disabled adults or children.
Access to Work
Grants for Individuals
- The Amber Trust funds music awards to visually impaired children aged up to 18 years to help pay for music lessons, music therapy, musical instruments, specialist music software, concert tickets and travel to musical events. Deadline: 30th
- The Dan Maskell Tennis Trust's next deadline for applications is 8th November 2016. It supports individuals, disability groups, clubs and special schools with the cost of specialist wheelchairs and tennis equipment.
- ALD Life supports individuals and their families with Adrenoleukodystrophy(ALD) and Adrenomyeloneuropathy (AMN) with specialist equipment, full time care and regular treatments.
- For past and current employees within the hospitality industry Hospitality Action offer advice, support and financial assistance.
- If you are on low income check to see if you can apply for the Warm Home Discount Scheme. You may receive a discount of £140 if you are eligible to apply.
Thinking of a holiday or break for next
year - check out the Holiday Pages
- The DeafBlind UK charity has a holiday caravan available free to its members for short respite breaks.
- Free Sage software licenses for charities, social enterprises and non profit organisations available from Sage.
There have been a number of additions to Grants UK - the regional section of the Disability Grants website including:
- The Combe Down Holiday Trust provides assistance towards a holiday or day out for disabled people and their families or/and carers living in the Bath & North East Somerset area.
- Lenderhand an Essex charity provides goods and services for families and individuals in need.
Looking to start
a sensory garden...
- I Dig Trees is a joint initiative between The Conservation Volunteers and OVO Energy. They are giving away free native broad leaf trees for schools, community groups and charities.
- You still have time to apply for trees from the Woodland Trust - closing date 6th January 2017.
- Advice on planting a wildflower garden can be found on the Grow Wild website. Sadly they will not be distributing any more seed packs to individuals or community groups.
- Clearvision provides free Braille print and audio books for children and adults.
- Living Paintings has a free library of tactile and audio books for children and adults.
And that's not all....do check out the improvements to the website's navigation and responsiveness when viewed on mobile devices.
More changes to improve it's usability are lined up over the next few months!
Don't forget that Disability Grants is a shared resource where everyone helps each other..... So, do participate and share your knowledge and experiences
Help and Be Helped
All the best
Founder of Disability Grants
Are there topics you would like the newsletter to cover? Tell us how Disability Grants can improve so we can help you more in the future.
Spread the word! If you enjoy reading this newsletter please forward it on to your friends and colleagues.
And...stay connected by joining us on Facebook
Disability Grants helping you save time
finding the right grant