To the November/December 2015 issue of Disability Grants News - a monthly round up of what's new on the Disability Grants website and resources for anyone with a disability, caring for or working with disabled adults or children.
Grants for Children
Lots of updates in this important section
Holidays and Respite
- The Jerry Farr Fellowship for individuals with Ataxia is open for applications up to 3rd Feburary 2016. It offers grants of approximately £3,500 to help them fulfill their dreams.
- Papworth Trust are offering supported breaks for the disabled at the Papworth Trust's Kerry Farm in Wales.
- The Family Holiday Association provides holiday in UK holiday parks for disadvanted children and their families. Early
application is recommended due to high demand.
- The Newman Holiday Trust will be open for referrals in January 2016. It offers summer holidays to children with special needs aged 5 to 16 years.
- Applications for grants through the 3H Fund will open on 4th January 2016 to help physically and mentally disabled people, their families and carers to have a holiday in the UK.
- Nominations are now open for the 2016 trip to Florida for children with life threatening, life limiting and terminal illness through Destination Florida. Children must be aged 7 to 16 years living in North West England.
- The Adamson Trust provides financial support towards a holiday or respite break for children up to 17 years with a physical, mental or emotional disabilities living in Scotland. The next deadline for applications is 31st December 2015.
- Motor Neurone Scotland have a caravan near St Andrews and adapted chalet near Oban for rent by those affected by Motor Neurone Disease. They will also provide grants that may be used on a short break.
- The Thomas Wall Trust offers small grants (up to £1,000) to help individuals (over 16 years) to overcome barriers to education and training.
- City and Guilds offer a small number of bursaries each year to individuals who would like to study for City and Guilds qualifications. It is due to re open in Spring 2016
Arts and Music
- Hurry applications close on 7th December 2015 for trainee and internships at Unlimited Impact for disabled artists in
England, Wales and Scotland.
- The EMI Music Sound Foundation provides instrument and equipment grants for schools and individuals in full time education. The next deadline for applications is Monday 8th February 2016
- The Awards for Young Musicians supports young people aged 5 to 17 years. It is offering awards of between £200 and £2,000 to help pay for lessons, buying or hiring an instrument, travel and specialist music courses. Closing date 18th March 2016.
- It's not too late to enter this year's Inclusive Technology Prize of £50,000. It is open to enterprises and individuals to create new technologies, products and services that enable the disabled equal access to life's opportunities.
- Did you know about the NHS Minor Ailments Scheme? It is an NHS service for people,
including children, who don't pay prescription charges.
And..be sure to check out the latest offers from Disability Solutions. All profits from sales helps maintain Disability Grants as a free resource.
Disability Grants is a shared resource where everyone helps each other..... So, do participate and share your knowledge and experiences either on Your Grants or Disability Discounts.
Help and Be Helped
All the best
Founder of Disability Grants and Disability Solutions
Are there topics you would like the newsletter to cover? Tell us how Disability Grants can improve so we can help you more in the future.
Spread the word! If you enjoy reading this newsletter please forward it on to your friends and colleagues.
And...stay connected by joining us on Facebook
Disability Grants helping you save time
finding the right grant