To the March 2016 issue of Disability Grants News - a monthly round up of what's new on the Disability Grants website and resources for anyone with a disability, caring for or working with disabled adults or children.
"Additional Help for Additional Needs"
The book is primary aimed at professionals who support disabled children and their families. It's handy to have on the desk for quick reference and to carry with you on home visits to families.
It may also be of interest to parents of disabled children but we must stress everything can be found on the Disability Grants website. It just takes a lot of time searching through the individual sections.
Due to the high cost of publishing only 100 copies were printed as a trial run. If these are sold more copies will be printed and an update made in 2017 as charity details are subject to change.
£20 Free Postage and Packing
* You will be directed to the Sales Page on our Sister website Disability Solutions
Discover for yourself the convenience of having
everything in one place!
- Grants UK - Northern Ireland - We would like to add more to this page so if anyone knows of any charities that give grants in Northern Ireland please let us know.
Children and Young People
- The Cash for Kids Scheme promoted by local radio stations for sick and deprived children under 18 will close this round of applications on 31st March 2016.
Hallam FM (South Yorkshire),Radio City 2 (Merseyside, North West, and North Wales), Key 103 (Greater Manchester, Macclesfield and Warrington), CFM Radio (Cumbria and South West Scotland).
- Save the Children supports children living in severe poverty. Its Eat, Sleep Learn, Play! Programme is for children aged 0 - 12 months or if a mother is 28 weeks pregnant or more. It provides beds, white goods, toys and books to children who are disadvantaged and in need.
- Do It For Real helps young people aged 11- 30 years discover their full potential and to contribute to their communities.
Adults and Families
- Freemasonry Cares provides grants and other assistance for Freemasons and their dependents.
- Customers of OneFamily are able to apply for grants up to £500 for yourself, your family or a close friend.
- NPower's Health through Warmth helps individuals in England and Wales who have long term illnesses and are finding it hard to fully fund heating systems/repairs and insulation in their homes. You don't have to be a customer to qualify for the scheme.
- The EDF Energy Trust awards grants to individuals and families to clear domestic gas and electricity debts owed to EDF Energy and to other suppliers. They are also able to offer further assistance for essential household items
- E.on are able to help their low income customers with energy saving home improvements. This might include a new boiler, loft and cavity wall insulation.
Grants for Schools
If you're looking for funding towards a sensory garden or improving the playground the following
funds are open. Apply quickly as closing date is 31st March 2016:
- The Kelly Family Trust funds charities whose activities involve the whole family in initiatives to strengthen family bonds.
- Hilden Charitable Fund helps community groups with funding towards summer play schemes for disadvantaged children.
- The Triangle Trust supports organisations working with carers with development grants up to £40,000. Next closing date: 28th April 2016.
- Customers of OneFamily are able to nominate community groups and projects for funding from £5,000 to £25,000.
- A series of Easy Read cookery books "Cook and Eat" for individuals with learning difficulties.
- GreenIT refurbish and sell a range of IT equipment including desktops, tablets and monitors.
- The Big Potential Website offers a host of resources, information and tools around
social investment. It features an easy to use eligibility checker and case studies showing social investment in action.
- SeeAbility has launched a new Easy Read resource outlining how local optical committees (LOCs) and Local Eye Health Networks (LEHNs) can work with it to improve access to eye care for people with learning disabilities.
And..be sure to check out the latest offers from Disability Solutions. All profits from sales helps maintain Disability Grants as a free resource.
Disability Grants is a shared resource where everyone helps each other..... So, do participate and share your knowledge and experiences either on Your Grants or Disability Discounts.
Help and Be Helped
All the best
Founder of Disability Grants and Disability Solutions
Are there topics you would like the newsletter to cover? Tell us how Disability Grants can improve so we can help you more in the future.
Spread the word! If you enjoy reading this newsletter please forward it on to your friends and colleagues.
And...stay connected by joining us on Facebook
Disability Grants helping you save time
finding the right grant