To the June 2016 issue of Disability Grants News - a monthly round up of what's new on the Disability Grants website and resources for anyone with a disability, caring for or working with disabled adults or children.
VAT Exemption Scheme
What is it? Who can apply? What products are exempt?
Children and Young People
- Small grants for young people under 25 years to encourage and support artistic and creative achievement are provided by The Philip Bates Trust.
- The Cheyne Charity
provides grants towards essential equipment for children with Cerebral Palsy and their families.
- The Youth Hostel Association (YHA) provide funding through Breaks for Kids to help children from financially disadvantaged backgrounds take part in school or community groups trips at Youth Hostels in England and Wales.
- The Mothers Union are able to provide financial help towards the cost of a holiday or travel expenses for families in need.
- The Henry Smith Charity offers funding for disadvantaged and disabled children aged 13 years and under for a recreational holiday or outing. Schools, youth groups, charities and not for profit organisations can apply for funding ranging from £500 to £2,500. Closing date: 22nd July for trips between 1st July to 31 August 2016.
- The Snowdon Trust gives grants to students who are physically disabled and/or have a sensory impairment to help them reach their full potential. It is now accepting applications for support for the 2016/17 academic year. Closing date 31st August 2016.
- The Hospital Saturday Fund helps with the purchase of specialised equipment, respite breaks and home adaptations. It is open to individuals from the UK and Republic of Ireland.
- The Dan Maskell Tennis Trust supports individuals, disability groups, clubs and special schools through the purchase specialist wheelchairs and tennis equipment. The next deadline for applications is 30th August 2016.
- Indoor table tennis tables can be purchased at a reduced rate by organisations supporting and working with disabled people aged 16 years and over through Table Tennis England.
- Funding is
available for physically disabled young people and adults towards sporting activities and costs from The Sport Foundation for the Disabled. Applicants must live in South West England or Wales.
- Gateway Scotland provide free holidays for families that have experienced a bereavement or are supporting a family member through a serious illness or disability.
- The Lord Taverners Minibus Programme provides accessible transport for schools/organisations
that cater for young people under 25 years who have a physical/sensory or learning disability. The next deadline for funding is 29th July 2016.
- Jewish Childs' Day provides financial grants to Jewish registered charities that help children up to 18 years who are disabled, disadvantaged or neglected.
- Grants for Churches looking to improve disabled access and disabled toilets at places of worship
- The latest edition of the Disability Rights Handbook (2016/17) has been published. It provides in-depth information on the entire benefits system. Reduced price if you are on benefits.
- Did you know that if you care for someone for over 20 hours at week you can recieve a Carers Credit. It's a special protection for Carers to make sure that you get enough national insurance contributions for your state pension.
And be sure to check out our new book:
"Additional Help for Additional Needs- Grants for Disabled Children"
Ideal for professionals supporting families with a child with additional needs.
All profits from sales helps maintain Disability Grants as a free resource.
Disability Grants is a shared resource where everyone helps each other..... So, do participate and share your knowledge and experiences either on Your Grants or Disability Discounts.
Help and Be Helped
All the best
Founder of Disability Grants
Are there topics you would like the newsletter to cover? Tell us how Disability Grants can improve so we can help you more in the future.
Spread the word! If you enjoy reading this newsletter please forward it on to your friends and colleagues.
And...stay connected by joining us on Facebook
Disability Grants helping you save time
finding the right grant