Welcome to the New Year issue of Disability Grants News - a monthly round up of what's new on the Disability Grants website and resources for anyone with a disability, caring for or working with disabled adults or children.
Lots of additions and reorganising to make it easier to search.
Grants UK - Scotland
As we get into the New Year you may be thinking about a holiday later in the year.
If so, check out our map of caravans (including adapted) in the UK available for rent at reduced prices.
Caravans for the Disabled
Children and Adults
- Awards for Young Musicians is open for applications. Young musicians aged 5 to 17 years can apply for grants towards lessons, buying or hiring an instrument, travel and specialist music courses.
- The Joshua Wilson Charity supports families living with childhood brain tumours and post-operative complications in England and Wales with hospital travel, equipment and holidays.
- Independence at Home provides financial
support for a wide range of disability equipment, home adaptations or other essential items to improve independence and quality of life.
- Little Wings offers free of charge medical air charters in aircraft for children and adults with life threatening injuries or illnesses.
- Funding towards learning to scuba diving for disabled and disadvantaged children and adults is available from Dizzy Divers.
- Climbing Out will be running 5 programmes in 2017 for their 5 day residential outdoor activity breaks for young people facing life changing injury or illness.
- The 2017 grant programme for the Postcode Trust opens 23rd January 2017 for expressions of interest.
- The Galaxy Hot Chocolate Fund is open to small local charities
and community groups from across the UK and Ireland. Local charities, community groups, and schools can apply for an award of £300 to help support sporting or leisure activities or hobbies that are beneficial to members of the community. Closing date: 26th February 2017.
- The British Institute for Human Rights have released a new advocacy human rights tool kit "My Human Rights". An Easy Read version can be downloaded for free.
- Two new resources to help patients in specialist learning disability or mental health hospital services plan for leaving hospital.
- Thanks to Disability Rights wheelchair users can now book an Uber in London with UberWAV on its existing Uber's existing smartphone app. Get £15 off your first WAV or ASSIST ride by signing up to Uber at: http://get.uber.com/invite/DISRIGHTS17
- Aer Lingus has launched online visual guides to help
people with autism and similar conditions prepare for air travel.
- The RNIB's Talking Book service is free to all users. To find out more about the RNIB Library or to sign up for Talking Books call the RNIB Helpline on 0303 123 9999 or visit www.rnib.org.uk/library
Don't forget that Disability Grants is a shared resource where everyone helps each other..... So, do participate and share your knowledge and experiences.
Help and Be Helped
All the best
Founder of Disability Grants
Are there topics you would like the newsletter to cover? Tell us how Disability Grants can improve so we can help you more in the future.
Spread the word! If you enjoy reading this newsletter please forward it on to your friends and colleagues.
And...stay connected by joining us on Facebook
Disability Grants helping you save time
finding the right grant