To the April/May 2016 issue of Disability Grants News - a monthly round up of what's new on the Disability Grants website and resources for anyone with a disability, caring for or working with disabled adults or children.
Funding for Driving Lessons
Important Change - There is no longer an age restriction for applications for funding towards driving lessons.
Children and Young People
- The Ellen MacArthur Trust provides sailing opportunities for young people aged 8 to 25 years who are in recovery from cancer.
- Honeypot offers respite breaks and outreach support to young carers and other vulnerable children.
- Sullivan's Heroes gives fundraising support and financial assistance for families funding home adaptation for their disabled
- The Dan Maskell Tennis Trust supports individuals, disability groups, clubs and special schools through the purchase specialist wheelchairs and tennis equipment. Next closing date for applications 9th May 2016.
- Sportivate provides free or subsidised 6 to 8 weeks of coaching sessions in a variety of sports for young people aged 11 to 25 years. Apply before 10th June 2016.
- Travel grants for UK individuals (over 18 years) to bring back real benefits and knowledge to your community and the UK from the Winston Churchill Memorial Trust
Other Individual Grants
- The Matthew Trust is one of the few charities providing financial support for children over 8 years and adults experiencing mental health problems.
- Masonic Community Foundation provides grants for charities that help people to live happy, fulfilling lives and to participate actively in society.
- The next deadline for applications for the BBC Children in Need - Main grants programme is 15th May 2016. It provides grants over £10,000 to charities and not for profit organisations working with children and young people under 18 years.
- The Lloyds Bank Foundation invests in small and medium sized charities supporting people (over 17 years) to break out of cycles of disadvantage. Invest applications opened on 25th April and will remain open until 5pm on 27th May. Applications for Enable are now accepted on an ongoing basis.
- All water companies now offer the WaterSure scheme which caps the bills for low income metered customers who need water for essential purposes such as incontinence. Many water companies also have social tariff schemes to provide lower bills for customers who are stuggling to pay their bills. See if your company is listed.
- Premier Inn is offering city rooms from £35 in cities across the UK and rooms in central London for £79 and under.
- Cerebra have produced a downloadable Problem-Solving Toolkit to help anyone struggling with health, social care or education support.
- "Get back to where we do belong" is another new guide from Disability Rights on the education, training and employment options available to people with a newly acquired disability or health condition.
And be sure to check out our new book:
"Additional Help for Additional Needs- Grants for Disabled Children"
Ideal for professionals supporting families with a child with additional needs.
All profits from sales helps maintain Disability Grants as a free resource.
Disability Grants is a shared resource where everyone helps each other..... So, do participate and share your knowledge and experiences either on Your Grants or Disability Discounts.
Help and Be Helped
All the best
Founder of Disability Grants and Disability Solutions
Are there topics you would like the newsletter to cover? Tell us how Disability Grants can improve so we can help you more in the future.
Spread the word! If you enjoy reading this newsletter please forward it on to your friends and colleagues.
And...stay connected by joining us on Facebook
Disability Grants helping you save time
finding the right grant